Saturday, January 17, 2009

Yard Sale

At our latest Darfur meeting, the K9 students decided to hold a yard sale to raise money. Each student, along with their parents, can provide new or slightly used items to sell. The Mall in Trussville is a possible location for the fundraiser, depending on approval from administration.

We will be asking for donations from local businesses to support our cause. A list of the needed donations will be made at our next meeting. It will be posted as soon as possible.

One-hundred percent of the money raised will be sent directly to a relief organization. If you are interested in making a donation, please leave a contact in the comment section.

We have raised over $170 so far. Thank you for all of your support!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to make a donation and help out at the yard sale, Safa! See you at the next Darfur meeting! Also, for anyone who reads this post, just know that every little bit you donate counts. Even donating one penny is great!

Anonymous said...

If we have a yard sale i will try to find something to pitch in.

Anonymous said...

I could probably find something to donate to our yardsale! When will we be having it?

Also, I was wondering if there was anything else I could do to help with this. I am up for making posters, brochures, or even another movie!

I am very glad that we are coming together to help these people in need! I'm sorry I did not attend the last meeting, but I am looking forward to the next!

God bless you!

Hannah Beth : D